2.21.2011

ROUNDBALL- ALL STAR EDITION, MELODRAMA HEIGHTENS

The NBA All star game was held in Los Angeles last night. I had the show at Dub Land so I only caught a little bit of it on the TV there, and then the very end when I got home. I'm more into the rookie/sophomore game at this point, anyway. Kobe Bryant and Lebron James did put on a show though, and I was surprised to see how close it was when I got home. LeBron tried hyping his team back up and he messed around and get a triple double. It wasn't enough though as Kobe Bryant walked away with the victory and the MVP trophy. Saturday's festivities set a ratings record for NBA all star Saturday. I think the car had something to do with it...


The Melodrama is going to reach it's peak over the next couple days. No word yet on whether or not he has gotten a four hour block on CNN to announce where he's taking his talents to. Reports are coming up on both sides of the coin of course. According to a report published last night, the Knicks have made their final offer to the Nuggets. It doesn't include Timofey Mozgov. It looks like it's not going to, either. In my opinion, Denver would get the most out of the New Jersey trade. But, going to the Nets really would be starting over and without a lot of talent around him. The Knicks would still at least have Timofey Mozgov (if they don't budge), Amar'e Stoudemire, Landry Fields, and Carmelo Anthony. Chauncey Billups would be nice in New York for a season or two, too. Even if he doesn't want to leave Denver. It sounds like the Nuggets won't make this deal unless the Knicks include Mozgov though. I doubt they would let this deal hold up over him, but you never know. I don't think this trade really improves the Knicks, either. I guess it does if you look at the big picture, with them potentially adding Chris Paul or Deron Williams to the mix down the road. That would be a big three right there. That would be a full decade of waiting for this Knicks organization. I hope it's worth it. I think it would be better for everyone if Carmelo just finishes this season on the Houston Rockets and then he signs with the Knicks in the offseason. Honestly though, that Nene deal would still be great for the Rockets, too. The trade deadline is in three days so there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. This is my favorite time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment