2.21.2011

Happy 34th birthday to Stevie Franchise!!!!

Steve Francis turns 34 today. I was hoping he would still be in the NBA when he turned 34 and I would imagine he was, too. A lot of Grizzlies fans, probably look at it as poetic justice, but it just bums me out. Steve Francis was my favorite player for a few years there when the Rockets were transitioning into the TMAC/YAO era. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if the Rockets would have never made that trade. Would Francis have stayed a Rocket for many years and would his career have derailed as quickly as it did? Blame Jeff Van Gundy and hope that he puts the microphone down at some point and just goes away. Steve Francis is one of the greatest NBA players never to win a playoff series. Unfortunately, the year the Rockets lost to the Lakers in the playoffs would be the only time that Francis would taste the playoffs. If it's any consolation, you will always be one of my favorite players Steve!





I love Bill Walton's message to the kids in the next video...

No comments:

Post a Comment