1.14.2011

ROUNDBALL and a few rumors...

Slow night in the Association last night. With only three games on the schedule, there's not a whole hell of a lot of action to report on.

Dwight Howard had a beastly performance last night, going off for 39 points and 18 rebounds. He also went 17 of 20 from the charity stripe. It wasn't enough, as Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook of Oklahoma City were able to fend off a fourth quarter comeback attempt from the Magic. I still think the Thunder are a year or two away from unseating LA and San Antonio in the west, but it won't be too long with players like Durant and Westbrook carrying the torch. They just need a good big man...

If only the Wizards could play every game at home. Don't worry jizz wizards, you are still ten games away from any sort of record for futility. The records for most road losses to start is a season is 29 and the record for most overall road losses in a row is 43. While I could see these Wizards challenging the first record, I am pretty sure the second one should be safe for a while.

I am sure all of Heat haters are going to have a field day with this one. It's just two losses, people! And I am sure Lebron won't miss too much time. I fell asleep right at the beginning of this game so I only have the box score and highlights to go on here.



Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting a potential trade moving Gerald Wallace from the Bobcats to the Cavs. It is nice to see some trade news involving someone else for a change, although you kind of feel sorry for Gerald Wallace. The guy has never gotten to play for a winner and if he goes to the Cavs he might never get to.

Apparently, the megatrade sending Carmelo Anthony to the Nets is going to get completed next week. I'll believe it when I see it. Especially with all of these Knicks headlines. I will be glad when all of this is over. Not only is it effecting my fantasy basketball team (Devin Harris), but I am as excited as anyone else to see all this roster reshaping go down. Once it all takes place, the NBA will have had a tremendous overhaul in just seven months time. I would take Carmelo Anthony on the Rockets as a rental for the rest of the season, as long as they don't have to give up Aaron Brooks or Luis Scola.



The first article says that the Raptors need to focus on their defense. Judging by their record (13-25), I would say Toronto needs to focus on more than just defense. Then again, they currently only sit three games out of the last playoff spot. Granted, the seven and eight seeds in the east are fairly likely to get trounced by Miami and Boston in the first round. I could see Indiana keeping one playoff game close, possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment