1.13.2011

ROUNDBALL

Kind of sad, but I think this still recently homeless dude still has more money than me. I wonder if he is still going to get to keep all of the work he recently inherited through his voice. Anyway, I am mildly interested in watching Dr. Phil for the first time ever. I will probably forget.



Of course Lebron James is saying that "the tweet" wasn't from him directly, of course the Heat lost to the Clippers last night, and of course Lebron "tweaked" his ankle last night.
Fortunately, "the ankle" isn't that severely injured and Lebron might even play against the Nuggets tonight. I would imagine Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups will both be playing in that game. It seems like it might still be several weeks before anything happens with the Carmelo trade. The Nuggets brass are getting somewhat greedy in my opinion and now players like Chauncey Billups (more importantly Ben Uzoh and Quinton Ross) have to sit in limbo and there performances are starting to be impacted by all of the rumors. If Carmelo does get traded to the Knicks or (PLEASE!) the Rockets, you have to wonder how much the deal would change and what this would all mean for Billups. Hopefully this all gets sorted out soon.


It is kind of sad and interesting to see Allen Iverson's career end the way it has.
Apparently, he is planning on trying to remain with his Turkish team. Here I was all set to post a little tribute piece on him, too. I guess I can save that for next month. I hope he doesn't become the Brett Favre of basketball. What the NBA should do is let him play in one final all star game, provided he agrees to retire from basketball and make some large charitable donations. It would be really sad to see Iverson try to stretch his career along the way Stephon Marbury and Antoine Walker have. I guess Walker has somewhat of a shot at returning to the league though.


We are almost halfway through the season and Tim Duncan is producing at an all time low (13.7, 9.3, 2.9, all down from last year). He is also averaging just under thirty minutes again, another career low. By having a well balanced team, the Spurs are still the top team in the NBA. While this is all working out great right now, they will need more from Tim Duncan and possibly Dejuan Blair if they are to make a lengthy playoff run. It would be nice to see Tim Duncan get one final ring, especially in one of the most competitive seasons we've seen in a long time.


The Lakers only beat the Warriors by five last night. Kobe Bryant did have one of his best overall games of the season though. Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom weren't bad, either. The Golden State Warriors continue to be one of the worst teams in the NBA that continually produces healthy fantasy basketball lines. Where did Dorrell Wright come from? He was a nobody in Miami...


My Rockets couldn't get another short handed win against the Thunder last night. They did manage to keep the game competitive right down to the end last night at least. I really think this team will be good again once they get through all of this TMING mess. The core is there. They would look great with Carmelo Anthony on their roster! Honestly though, I like what they are building on now. I am glad they traded for Terrence Williams and I hope Mr. Morey makes a couple more quiet savvy moves like that before the deadline.


The Knicks were edged by the Jazz last night and the Magic had their winning streak stopped by the Hornets. It was a full night for NBA action last night. Seven other games were played that I have not even mentioned. I was too busy flipping between the Kansas game and the Duke game. This is the time of year every year where most of the unbeaten teams start falling in college basketball. Only Ohio State, Kansas, Syracuse, and San Diego State remain at this point. It will be interesting to see who is standing last. I doubt anyone will go undefeated this year, although it would be great to see something like that. The last four or five NCAA tournaments have been phenomenal and I don't think this one will be any different.


*TWEET OF THE DAY 1/13/11
@JaredDudley619 Here's my thoughts: with the collective bargaining agreement looming in the Summer u want to sign that ext before the seasons over!!!

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @94FTG

No comments:

Post a Comment