1.31.2011

Afternoon Roundball: Pacers fallout, Chris Kamen,

As mentioned yesterday here, Jim O'Brien has been relieved of his duties as head coach of the Indiana Pacers. Frank Vogel will guide the ship for the rest of the season, and I don't think the bar will be set all that high at this point. In all honesty, I don't know how much you can blame O'Brien for this mess that has become the Indiana Pacers. This team has been on a downward spiral ever since the brawl that took place in Detroit seven plus years ago. Roy Hibbert has had a couple decent games recently, but before that he had completely disappeared. TJ Ford has become the new Jamaal Tinsley, with DNP-CDs in five out of the last six Pacers games. Their other point guard, hasn't exactly set the league on fire with just under 5 assists per game. Maybe people like me set the bar too high with the run he had at the end of the season last year. At least the Pacers still have Dannny Granger I guess. Game one of the Frank Vogel era kicks off tonight against another exciting team in the Toronto Raptors.

The fine folks at The Basketball Jones brought this Lol-worthy story out today. At least the Clippers have Blake Griffin!

Here is a great article on the recent rise by Demarcus Cousins. I just picked him up in my fantasy basketball league yesterday. I also drafted him though and this is my third time owning him this season. I don't know if that says more about me or him. As we all know, rookie of the year has pretty much been won by Blake Griffin. It is nice to see that the Kings have somewhat of a future in Cousins and Tyreke Evans though.

In College basketball news...


Only the Ohio State Buckeyes are in the same position in the AP 25 this week as they were last. I don't know that that has ever happened. I will look that one up for sure! Kansas returns to the number two spot after they dismantled Kansas State over the weekend. This week, they are on the road to face Texas Tech on Wednesday and Nebraska on Saturday. Let's go Jayhawks! In a related story, the people over at The Big Lead have written an article on the five most disappointing teams in college basketball this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment