7.07.2010

Post-Holiday updates

It was a long holiday weekend and I didn't really feel much need to post the same old NBA rumors and nonsense. Honestly, some of this free agent drama has been a bit much for even me this year. When media outlets make a big deal out of Lebron James signing up for twitter, I think we clearly have a problem.

At first when I heard Lebron was going to make his announcement on ESPN at 9PM tomorrow night, I thought it was just another ridiculous episode in the soap opera has been the 2010 free agency period. At least I know we are nearing the end of all this. Most experts seem to think Lebron is now going to either the Bulls or Knicks, with the Heat and Cavs still in the picture. I would still love to see him go to the Nets. I don't think that Heat team would be fair. I hate the Bulls and Knicks so I don't want to see him go to either team. Cleveland would be really upset if he were to leave, but I don't think he would go through all of this drama just to say he wanted to stay there all along. I hope a wild card team like Dallas or Houston steps up with a sign and trade today.

ESPN has reported that Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade will sign with the Miami Heat. This doesn't come as a major surprise, although it does bring a mild conflict to the whole Bosh/Lebron pairing. Very few people seem to think that all three of these players would be able to coexist together. I just don't think it would work financially. They would have to sign about five or six minimum salary players. Either way, Miami is going to be a very competitive team for at least the next five seasons.

I could see Carlos Boozer teaming back up with Lebron in Chicago or Cleveland. I don't see why the Knicks want to sign Boozer now. Teaming him up with Amare would seem weird, although i guess anything is possible in Mike D'antoni's system. Raymond Felton had been linked to the Knicks as of late.

David Lee is quickly going to become one of the most sought after free agents if he isn't signed by tomorrow. If the Bulls and Nets don't end up with any other marquee free agents, I expect them to offer David Lee big money. Same goes for Ray Allen.

I really hope the Rockets make some noise. They have done nothing so far. At least keep Luis Scola.

No comments:

Post a Comment