7.02.2010

Apologies to all Knicks fans.

I may have spoken to soon about you not getting any good players in free agency. I still don't see Lebron going there, but it looks like Amare might be headed there.. If they can secure Amare, this could potentially be huge for the Knicks. This would give them a presence in the paint and they would still have enough money for a few other decent players to pair alongside Stoudemire. I don't know that Hakim Warrick and Channing Frye will be able to adequately replace Amare, but I guess Phoenix has to try and start somewhere. Even though I've always considered Phoenix to be a bitter rival, a big part of me will be sad to see this Phoenix team finally split up and start over. I bet Steve Nash is wishing he was able to sign on with Mike D'Antoni now, too. Aside from this slight curveball, this free agency is going according to plan.

It is ridiculous to think that these players will be making 15-20 million each to play basketball next season. I think Rudy Gay has the most to live up to out of all those players. I understand Memphis wanting to keep him locked up, but 80 million over five years? Now they have to hope this team pans out this season. I still think they could be one piece shy of that.

Apparently, Lebron is supposed to make his big decision this weekend. I still hope it involves the Houston Rockets. I doubt it will though. I just hope he goes anywhere other than the Bulls or Knicks. I like the Nets and Mavs most out of his potential suitors, but I know the Bulls and Cavs have the best odds. I am sure you will be able to hear the entire state of Ohio breathe a gigantic sigh of relief if he chooses to stay there. They are moving in the right direction with Byron Scott.

I think Chris Bosh will make his decision last out of the big three. Carlos Boozer, David Lee, and Josh Childress (missed that fro for too long) are going to quickly become hot commodities for teams that don't get one of the big name free agents.

Does Steve Blake signing on with the Lakers mean Derek Fisher isn't returning? That would be a deeo team with Fisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment