6.21.2010

Stephen Strasburg set to make fourth MLB start Wednesday.

Stephen Strasburg's first three major league starts have been nothing short of amazing. Baseball fans and non-baseball fans alike have been buzzing about this kid all year. What I think is crazy about this kid is that at only 21 years of age, the best is certainly still to come. He seems to make history every time he takes the mound. You have to wonder what amazing feat he will accomplish next time he pitches every time. By now you know that 32 strikeouts in his first three big league starts set a big league record for Strasburg. I don't know if any pitcher has been discussed as a potential All Star with only a month of MLB service prior to the event. But after three starts, a lot of media members have been praising him enough to warrant consideration for tghe annual game being played in Anaheim next month. By the time reserves are selected he will have made maybe six MLB starts. A lot of fans will probably think it is unfair if he gets sent to the game. I would not be a member of this group. I think it would be great for baseball and I think a lot of people would love to see him pitch to Derek Jeter, Justin Morneau, Evan Longoria, Joe Mauer, and Alex Rodriguez. I would love to see him strike them all out in succession. In case I didn't mention before, I took a lot of pictures of Strasburg when he pitched here last month and I plan to use them all here until I run out.



No comments:

Post a Comment