6.12.2010

Beastie Boys January 19, 2009 DC
















This ended up being one of only a handful of shows the Beastie Boys played in 2009. I had no initial intention of attending the inauguration. Around the first of the year, I got the idea of attending the Anti-Flag, Darkest Hour, United Nations, Ruiner gig at Black Cat. I figured I would ride a greyhound down to DC and get there sometime early morning on the 20th. Less than two weeks before the 20th, I happened to be looking at the Rock The Vote website when I noticed that Beastie Boys, Sheryl Crow, Citizen Cope, and some other dude would be playing a special show at the 930 club in DC. I waited around the next morning and to my surprise I was able to obtain one ticket online.
I had seen the Beastie Boys before, but never in a venue as intimate as 930. Less than 1000 people packed that club that night (a local told me "around 700??") for what proved to be an amazing concert. Sheryl Crow was actually fairly entertaining herself.
Seeing my favorite band in a small club and being around for the inauguration were both phenomenal experiences to say the least. I realize some of this information is a bit dated, but I've wanted to get these photos out here like this for a while. I took all of these photos, so if you use them please give credit where it is due.

Beastie Boys Setlist 1-19-09 (Last night Bush was in office)
Root Down
Shake Your Rump
Sure Shot
Triple Trouble
Pass the Mic
Flute Loop
Super Disco Breakin'
Do It
Right Right Now Now
No Sleep Til Brooklyn
High Plains Drifter
Ch-Check It Out
Body Movin'
3 MCs and 1 DJ
So What'cha Want
Intergalatic
Gratitude
Sabotage

No comments:

Post a Comment