5.11.2012

Beardage, Old Ghosts, Dead Words, The Weight We Carry, Night Terror June 3 at the Bug Jar Rochester, NY



I have another show coming up at the BUG JAR in a few weeks.  This isn't something I do nearly as much as I would like to anymore.  Times have changed, the scene is a lot different now, and things are run a little bit differently than I would like at times.  There are however still a lot of people that remind me of my youth, so when I book shows I try to find bands that fit into this spectrum.  I also try to keep the bills somewhat diverse when I can.  The $5 Sunday show is something I am testing out with this show.  If it works, I hope to put on several of these Sunday shows throughout Rochester this year.  This show features five bands, four of which are from this area mainly and one that is from Cleveland.  NIGHT TERROR are a good up and coming Rochester band, they will be opening the bill.  Next up is another good up and coming hardcore band from Rochester THE WEIGHT WE CARRY.  These bands are newer, but their members have been supporting Rochester shows for years.  Up next is OLD GHOSTS  who will be appearing at the Bug Jar for the second time.  If you have not checked out their LP Caskets yet, you definitely should. DEAD WORDS will be  making the trek out from Cleveland for this show.  I am excited for them to be playing this show, as I think their sound will be displayed perfectly at the Bug Jar.  Rounding out the bill are Buffalo/Rochester's BEARDAGE .   The beards will be getting loud and probably a little under the influence by this point in the night, so you won't want to miss this. 
I have put on at most 4-6 shows per year since 2004.  Depending on the outcome of this show, I would say that is an accurate estimate of how many shows I will be putting on in 2012, give or take one or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment