3.25.2012

Unbelievably Vegan

About a year and a half ago, just before the holiday season of 2010, my girlfriend told me she had an idea for making vegan nog for the holidays.  I thought that this would be a great, delicious addition to a pretty boring holiday.  I did not realize exactly what she had in mind or what it would lead to, but I am very happy that I agreed to her suggestion.  Over the course of the next few weeks, I watched her get a little frantic as the days got closer.  Again, I did not exactly realize what the plan was.  In all, there was a lot of egg nog bottled that holiday season, some with adult flavors and some without.  After all the stress and chaos had cleared out, I realized that with this nog and all of the other cookies that recently been prepared and set up for holiday delivery, we might have a little idea on our hands.  Well that little idea has eventually turned into a full fledged dessert catering service that is ALL VEGAN!  For now, we are focusing mainly on cupcakes, cookies, muffins, and other popular dessert items.  But with the idea having been originally sprung from the Vegan nog, we obviously have eventual goals to one day open a full service restaurant and bakery!  I have spent most of the last 15 years working for mostly chain restaurants.  While I have been able to learn some basic service techniques as well as some administrative tactics, most of these jobs at the end of the day don't give back as much as I feel they should.  I have always had the goal of one day operating a business that was original and maybe meet some great people on the way.  Now with the love of my life, we are both ready to take that next step together.     Here is a sample of what we have made.  A like might be required first, HERE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment