5.27.2011

From the city that never sleeps...

I have my itinerary printed all off. I will be flying out of Rochester at 9:45 in the morning and will be headed pretty much straight for the show from there. It has been a long time since I have been to a show like this so I am really not sure exactly what to expect. I know that Gorilla Biscuits and Agnostic Front are still two of my favorite hardcore bands of all time. It will be great to see them both in New York City finally.
Back when I was really into this whole hardcore phenomenon, I always thought this year would be special to me because I would be 30 and thus I would have been into hardcore for half of my life. Well I don't really feel all that special I guess since I am not quite as active in hardcore as I was ten years ago. I still take a lot of the ethics that I learned from this scene and put them to daily use. I have hardcore to thank for helping me become vegan. I also honestly learned most of the "business" knowledge that I know from hardcore.
Since Gorilla Biscuits and Agnostic Front were two of the first bands to help me get all crazy over hardcore, I think it is fitting that they will be the headliners at this show. The word "epic" has been getting thrown around a lot by the BNB staff when they have been promoting this show. I hope I end up using that word in my post show haze.

No comments:

Post a Comment