3.09.2011

Summer of 94

In the summer of 1994, I was riding my bike all over town, playing basketball talking trash, and having fun being thirteen. Above The Rim was a favorite movie of mine that had been released recently. It showcased a West Coast sound that was all too dominant at the time. I think I must have listened to Regulate a few times a day for several months. But there was a lot of good rap music coming out of New York too. I used to record the late night hip-hop shows on the local college radio stations. This song was on there quite often, I really miss these shows. Then again, there isn't nearly as much good rap music coming out now as there was in 1994.

That same Summer, this remix was also bumping a lot, Craig Mack was enjoying all of his fifteen minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment