3.05.2011

Houston Rockets @ Toronto Raptors November 16, 2003

Watching this triple OT game today on Yes reminded me of the time I went up to Toronto on the bus for the weekend and saw THIS GAME. I remember this was around the time Kobe had his little problem in Denver, he was still on the cover of the Slam Magazine I read on the way to and from TDot that weekend. This would be my only time seeing Yao Ming live and in person. He would provide me with a lot of let downs in years to come. Those days are about to come to close I am pretty sure. This season he is likely to sign an incentive-laden deal with another club, or return to China. Either way, it is time for a new era in Houston. This game sort of featured a Rockets club that was a bridge from the Hakeem/Clutch City era to this new generation. I have no idea what the future will bring for the Rockets, I can only hope that the outcome will be slightly better than the last seven years. With how weak this year's draft crop is, I am still hoping for Houston to sneak into the playoffs with either the seventh or eighth seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment