3.01.2011

BLACK N BLUE BOWL: 2011 SUPERBOWL OF HARDCORE

With festival season rapidly approaching, the brothers over at Black N Blue Productions in New York are once again dropping a doozy of a lineup on us with the 2011 Superbowl of Hardcore. The last time I went to one of these shows was actually ten years ago. This lineup contains a few of my all time favorite hardcore bands and (more importantly) a couple bands I have never seen. I won't beat around the bush anymore, here is the lineup...

May 28- Webster Hall New York City
Gorilla Biscuits
Agnostic Front
Terror
Absolution
Antidote
Maximum Penalty
Backtrack
Down To Nothing
Take Offense
No Turning Back
Bottom Out
plus one more top tier Special Guest

As had been rumored, Youth of Today will not be playing the show. Apparently, BNB has plans to have them in NYC in late June. They mentioned that the Agnostic Front show would be a very special set, to be talked about for years to come. As someone who has been huge into AF for fifteen years, I am excited at this announcement. Blood For Blood will be playing in NYC in September so they are not on the bill either. I was also sort of expecting to see Sheer Terror on the lineup, but they were not on there either. Regardless, this will be the best way to kick off summer. Tickets should be on sale soon and will be in the $25-30 range. While they do expect the show to sell out, there will be a limited amount of tickets available at the door the day of the show. I have been writing a lot of pieces on hardcore shows from my past lately. As I am getting ready to turn 30, I have found myself reminiscing on my youth a lot lately. This show should only help that, provided I make it down to NYC for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment