2.18.2011

ROUNDBALL- Derrick Rose. Mavs keep rolling. JJ redick gif

There was only two games on the schedule last night, as most teams were gearing up for another all star weekend. I really wish I was in Los Angeles right now. Here's a gif that I may or may not have made this morning.

The Bulls went into the all star break with a big win against the Spurs last night. I sometimes have trouble recognizing good players on teams I don't like very much. Evidence of this would Michael Jordan, Steve Nash, and Dirk Nowitzki. Obviously, I know they are all good players but being such bitter rivals with Texas (and the Bulls), I just never wanted to recognize their talent. Plus, one of my best friends is a Suns fan. So it took two MVP trophies for me to give Nash props. I would welcome him with open arms in a trade to Houston. Anyway, I am saying all this as a back story to why I never wanted to give Derrick Rose props. This season I have recognized very quickly that I can not do this anymore. Derrick Rose has quickly become one of the best players in the NBA and is a legitimate MVP candidate. Last night, the Bulls hosted the Spurs, a team known for its defensive prowess. All Derrick Rose did to that defense was go off for a career high 42 points, as well as 5 boards and 8 assists. He was clearly channeling his inner MJ on the legend's 48th birthday. This Bulls team is going to be a force when Noah returns next week. I can't wait for the playoffs to get here.

Dallas closed out it's first half by defeating the Phoenix Suns on the road last night, 112-106. Dirk Nowitzki led all scorers with 35 points. You don't really hear about him erupting for high scoring games like this as much as you would have three or four seasons ago. Maybe playing against pal Steve Nash brings the best out in him. Nash had 15 points and 14 assists in the loss and Channing Frye paced them with 24 points. It is still great to look back on how far Channing Frye has come since his early days with the Knicks. Dallas and Miami enter the all star break as the two hottest teams in the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment