2.02.2011

Krazy Fest announces five more bands, lineup gets better

In what is shaping up to a very diverse festival, Krazy Fest has announced five more bands. Those bands are Against Me!, Ensign, Dave Hause (Of The Loved Ones), Hot Water Music, and Strike Anywhere. That is in addition to the six bands that were previously announced: Anti-Flag, Bane, Bouncing Souls, By The Grace of God, Chamberlain, Samiam.

This is starting to remind me of the first two Warped Tour lineups. I find nothing wrong with that, either. There are still a few HARDcore bands I would like to see on this lineup, but I understand if they don't add very many more. Some hip-hop would be nice, too. 2011 is shaping up to be a great season for festivals and Krazy Fest should be no different.

I have not seen Ensign in almost ten years. The last time I saw them they were actually opening for Rancid at the Water Street Music Hall. That was a pretty interesting show to say the least. I think my favorite Ensign show though would have to have been when I saw them in Binghamton with AFI in 1999. If I am not mistaken, Cooter was on this show, too. Or possibly some variation of them. Anyway, I busted out several crucial dives for Ensign and AFI at this show. It was also at a very cool venue in Binghamton, a skate park with maybe 200-300 people in attendance. I really miss shows like this. There is something about travelling in a car ride with three or four people that are just as out there as you and into just as many of these weird bands. Anyway, long story short it would be great to see Ensign again. They were always some of the nicest dudes I dealt with when it came to booking shows.

KRAZY FEST

No comments:

Post a Comment