1.27.2011

I ONLY TALK TO YOU BECAUSE I HAVE TO!!!!

Bad Business - "Last Show" 5/21/06 from Pat B on Vimeo.



Bad Business was a great band from Rochester, NY. Conveniently enough, their band existed during the peak period of Enterprise Hardcore. Their first few shows were mostly on bills that I had booked. They invaded an Ensign show a week before a Striking Distance show that was to be their first official show. Many bands have come and gone in Rochester over the years, but none put a smile on my face like this one did on a consistent basis. Maybe it was Creeden's insane demeanor on and off the mic, or maybe it was the oddball things that Brandon and Dan would sometimes say. Either way, this was my favorite time to be involved with the local music scene. Most people know that I experienced a personal downward spiral with hardcore and basically removed myself from the scene in late 2003. Before all of that happened, there was a great two year period. I lost a lot of money on some of these shows, especially an American Nightmare show at the Penny Arcade. But I don't think the hardcore scene ever made me as happy as it did for this short time. This was their last show at the Montage Music Hall in May of 2006. Also, at around the 3:00 mark of the video there is a pretty funny moment.

I would love any videos from any shows that I booked circa 2001-2003 if anyone has any.

No comments:

Post a Comment