7.11.2010

Two movies I'm stoked to see...

I've always been a sucker for action films. I could give you a list of some of my favorites, but yours is probably much cooler. Both of these upcoming movies I am about to mention feature some of my favorite (OLD) actors of the action variety, mixed in with some of the newer generation of tough guys and girls.

First up is The Expendables, which is due out August 13 . I remember walking by the poster to this in the theatre a while back and laughing at the ridicilously long cast of washed up action actors. While this movie clearly was made for 1997, I'll still take it in 2010 against all of this Avatar nonsense. I realize this movie will be lucky to earn a tenth the money that shit show brought in. That doesn't mean I won't be entertained for a couple hours. This movie will be a great warm up for September...


I really don't need to say anything about Machete. Anyone with access to a computer that has seen Grindhouse has been anxiously awaiting this one for quite some time. It looks like that wait will be over September 3. Danny Trejo has been all over the place over the last twenty five years in the film industry. He is mainly known for his roles in Robert Rodriguez films Desperado, From Dusk Til Dawn, and Planet Terror. He also recently had a great cameo role on the TV show Breaking Bad. Robert Rodriguez has supposedly had this role in mind for Danny Trejo ever since they shot Desperado together. The rest of this cast and the accompanying trailer make me excited at the least.



Both of these films are sure to be instant classics in the bad ass tough guy category.

No comments:

Post a Comment