7.23.2010

Dog days of summer

It's around that time of year again. July is about to turn into August and for sports fans there's not a whole hell of a lot going on. Baseball is starting to heat up, but there's still a lot of games to be played. I hope the Dodgers get Roy Oswalt, but I don't really see it happening. They need to acquire some sort of starting pitcher(s).

NBA summer league wrapped up over the weekend. I saw way more games this year than I ever have. I obviously have a better opinion of Luke Harangody now. I do think he will have a somewhat solid future in Boston. I think my original assessment of the Minnesota Timberwolves is correct. This team is going to be terrible this year. If Kevin Love and Michael Beasley are your best options, you have problems. Chase Budinger started has career off for me as one of those Brian Scalabrinesque punching bag players. I realized quickly however that he does have a great game and his athletic abilities give him tremendous upside going forward. He should show even more improvement in his second season. Is Eddy Curry's NBA career finally over? Unfortunately, it looks like Michael Redd's is. Bummer about Epke Udoh and David Lee, looks like the Warriors are going to be using a lot of D League Select players again this season. Did John Wall really already win rookie of the year? This Chris Paul mess is kind of ridiculous to me. I think he will be a Knick before the season starts though. I hope he doesn't go to the Lakers. Speaking of which, the Lakers have quietly assembled a team this offseason that might just be better than the Heat. And that is without Chris Paul. They have already added Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, and Theo Ratliff this offseason. Finally, a Lebron vs. Kobe showdown in the finals? Check out the Nets roster next time you have a second, not exactly the Blueprint for success. Tracy McGrady to the Bulls?

No comments:

Post a Comment