6.10.2010

One for the ages

Stephen Strasburg once again lived up to the hype in his MLB debut on Tuesday evening. He threw 65 of 94 pitches for strikes (most of the dazzling variety) and struck out an amazing 14 batters in seven innings. You know all of the numbers by now. To me, the most amazing thing about this kid is that he is still just that: a kid. At 21 years old, he displays poise far beyond his age. One of the other fun things about watching his debut was seeing people like Bob Costas, John Smoltz, Jim Kaat, and Orel Hershiser act like little kids seeing baseball for the first time again. That is how amazing this kid is, in a way you have to feel kind of bad for him at this point. He has a lot to live up to.
I am not sure if I can post MLB-owned photos or not, so here are a couple from the game he pitched in Rochester a few weeks ago. I hope to see him pitch in a MLB park this season.

Videos will be posted this weekend. I realize some of this is dated. I am catching up on all of it though.








No comments:

Post a Comment