6.28.2010

FA Madness V. 2

Less than three days until the free agency period kicks off, news around The Association is starting to heat up. I still don't think some of these big names are really going to go anywhere at the end of the day, but it will be interesting to see all the outlandish rumors sprout up this week.

As a diehard Rockets fan, I feel the need to get these rumors out there first. First off, Chris Bosh. Pair him with Joe Johnson (??!!!!) and a healthy Yao Ming? I don't know if they can keep Aaron Brooks around for all of this, but Houston would suddenly become a force in the West again. Of course, Bosh and Johnson will probably end up elsewhere, but it's nice to hope for this for a few days. One thing I haven't heard about Johnson is the possibility of him returning to the Hawks. All of these teams are going to pursue him, but he might have to much of an attachment to Atlanta at this point.

As some of you have probably heard, to kick off free agency Joe Johnson will be meeting immediately with the Knicks. Pairing him with either Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, or even possibly Dirk Nowitzki would obviously be a vast improvement for the Knicks. If they add two of those players and possibly a few other decent pieces, the Knicks will finally have a very competitive roster for the first time in a decade. Like I said yesterday, I really don't think Lebron is going to the Knicks. I could be wrong, but I think he has better options that will be on the table for him elsewhere. I can still say that for all max level free agents. I think the Clippers would actually be a better option for most free agents than the Knicks would.

I hope the Nets get at least one of the big free agents. I personally think they would be wise to just go for a power forward, unless they can of course get Lebron. They will be building on a good core for years to come and last season will soon be a distant memory for Nets fans. This is one of the funniest stories ever, though probably untrue.

I think all of this talk of Dirk becoming a free agent will only lead to him resigning in Dallas, possibly with Lebron as his teammate. I could see the Knicks and Suns making a decent pitch for him though.

It is going to be interesting to see all of these dominoes fall into place this week as free agency kicks off on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment